Thursday, June 5, 2008

SUKMA 2008

For starter, Terengganu is the host of SUKMA (Sukan Malaysia) this year which will be the twelveth installment. Fortunately enough, I am currently having my semester break and this enables me to catch a glimpse of the competition in my hometown itself. I decided to kill some time in the Kuala Terengganu Aquatic Centre for the swimming event yesterday with Wen Sher. I am quite fond of swimming competition since I was a kid so it would be nothing, but a wise choice for me to go.

Well, I was delighted to see how much Terengganu have changed since I last left the place to further on my studies. Once an abandoned public swimming pool, the place - now named Kuala Terengganu Aquatic Centre - is a very prestigious looking stadium just for the sake of hosting Sukma.

The beauty of the architectures





Alright, back to the competition, I am stoked as I am able to see my idol in the 'Malaysia swimming arena' - Daniel William Henry Bego, or most known as Daniel Bego. He is such a talented Sarawakian lad, breaking game and national records, with promising future ahead of him. And the fact that he is younger than me really inspires me more to work hard to achieve what I wanted all this while.

The competition was worth watching. One of the most notable one was when we were rooting for Carmen Ooi who represented Terengganu.


As stated on the board, Carmen won it for Terengganu. Hurray!! Congrats to her.

Daniel Bego!! Finally, I got to see him walking past me. The hilarious part was that me and Wen Sher was surrounded by a bunch of teenage girls that basically went to the competition to look for good looking, and hot bods swimmers clad in their swimming trunks instead of the competition itself. When Daniel was walking past us, one of the girls shouted "Daniel!!" to the top of her voice which caused him turn and look over in our direction.

In addition to that, it was such an ironic that there were quite a lot of familiar faces or I can put it, 'voices'. My secondary school teacher, Mr. Toh Chin Kiat is a volunteer while Jeffrey's voice was heard through the speaker announcing along with teacher Wan Ah Chooi. Jeffrey's dad was ushering the V.I.P (I guess). I even saw Mr. Chua of MMU Malacca.

I enjoyed every part of my time there. The last part was even better. It was the 4x200m Freestyle. I got to see Daniel Bego in action as well.

That is Daniel Bego ready to jump.
This is him again.The Sarawak team won the 4x200m Men's Freestyle. Congrats as they really did a good job to deserve it.

Above all, I get to take picture with Daniel Bego. Lolz :)



For more information, please visit http://www.sukma-2008.com.my/

No comments: