Thursday, March 20, 2008

Until Cyberjaya Came Along…

My brain is jumbled up with thoughts right now. However, I suppose words can’t describe perfectly what I am feeling. Though, I’ll try my best to make it as sincere as possible.

Here goes:
There is a reason why I decided to write this entry. For almost a year living in Cyberjaya campus, I can’t seem to move on. Maybe I am stuck in this particular time zone and cannot walk out of it. I hate changes. I remembered vividly when it’s time to enter MMU Malacca campus. I am filled with mixed emotions; fear, excitement, sad, and so many others. I am sad to leave my secondary school friends, but excited to see what lies ahead in the future. I feared to make changes.

Soon, after I eventually managed to cope with the new environment, things went well. Thank god for that! I made new friends and led a happy life. As they say, when humans lived together, there’s sure to be conflicts and controversies. It is undeniable fights, conflicts and controversies do occur, but we put those differences aside to overcome whatever that comes our way. Along the way, here is a list of people I really treasured in my life as they made my stay in Malacca campus a memorable one (in no particular order the hostel residents):

-Nik
-Meisiem (in Cyberjaya now)
-Yee Chian
-Yunn Jiuan
-Wayne
-Kak Nora
-Kak Fiza
-Kak Alia
-Kak Mira
-Kak Icun
-Abang Syafiq
-Faris
-TY
-Bala
-Sheel
-Darrel
-Guan Hao & his roommate, Wai Yan
-Kah Yan
-Wenn Yit (in Cyberjaya also, but seldom meet each other mainly due to different faculty)
-Nicole Seow


Even Mr. Meor and Kak Nora (hostel officer) are good and friendly.

One year passed by real fast and it’s time for me to say goodbye to Malacca campus. I had made my decision to further on my studies in Cyberjaya campus which I always hope to be as good as before. Somehow, when I am in Cyberjaya, I am not coping really well or perhaps, I refused to change. I wanted to be in the comfort zone that I have been in all this while, Malacca. I have read somewhere; people are constantly going through changes, then where are my changes? It appears to me that I am not changing, but I don’t know from others point of view though from my view on other people, I sensed tremendous changes going on around them – pursuing popularity, trying to excel by using other smartasses as stepping stone, and backstabbing routines. It is all so obvious. I can’t live a day as carefree as those in Malacca. Even when I am trying to stay neutral, people will just drag me along with their conflicts. Anyway, I really hope that after this one week break, I might be able to fit in as life goes on.

Kenangan terindah.
To all my friends in Malacca, you will be remembered 4ever!
Missing each and every one of you!

3 comments:

julian said...

mayb the grass not always greener on the other side (cyber)

Ms Love said...

all the best in wut ever u do in cyber...one day i hope that u'll find the same feeling u felt b4 in malacca....missing all of u tooo....take care....

tohwei said...

julian-> perhaps so, i'll try my best to fit in. anyway, thanks for visiting and leaving a comment :)

kak nora-> thanks, all i can do is just try to fit in and hope for the best i guess...missing u and take care too...all the best for your fyp!