Friday, March 7, 2008

Trustee/Truster

TRUST: a mere five alphabets word that plays an important role in life (particularly mine). I encountered various incidents in my daily life that I can link to the word 'trust'.

One (or maybe just me) might question:

  • (On April Fool Day) Should I trust my friends, whilst fearing whether things they convey are solely a prank or not?
  • (On being introduce to a new product) Should I trust the quality of it? Does it work superbly on my face (in this case facial foam, perhaps)?
  • (On gambling, especially when playing Black Jack) Should I trust my instinct to take five cards to earn a triple payback? What will the next card be?
  • (On sharing personal information) Is my friend trustworthy enough to keep my secrets?
  • (On losing virginity, in this case that doesn't really apply to me) Is he going to marry me after I gave him sex? What if he doesn't? Should I trust him? What can I do to claim back my virginity?

I still remember clearly coming across some Windows Live Messenger personal message that roughly sounded like this:

"Trust no one but yourself."

"When you feel like you can trust someone, betrayal start to occur."

No doubt there are more scenarios out there that require one to think rationally in order to trust something or someone. To trust, we need skills and experiences. It is a risk to take as betrayal can occur in any circumstances. To be frank, I myself had seen much of betrayal than happy ending when practicing 'trust'. So, be sure to take calculated risk to avoid being hurt by your own decision.

Disclaimer: No sarcasm intended.

XoXo
Kelv T.

No comments: