Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Unfulfilled

I am sitting here staring blindly into my EPM1016 notes. To be frank, surprisingly, I don't feel nervous about going to tonight's exam. Most probably I am too numb of midterms. I can't wait to go and sit for the test. So, instead of doing some last minute studying, I decided to kill some time to update my blog. Midterm tests are the reason why I haven't made an effort to put up an entry for quite some time.

Somehow under this kind of "midterm test stress", I managed to think of so many things. It is funny how I can recall such stuffs. I finally found the reason why I still continue on although stress came along the way. I have a goal. I once set a very impossible thing to achieve. To put it in an easier way, instead of just being an engineer in the near future, I wish to be multipurpose or so-called versatile kind of person.

Choosing to be an Electronics Engineer perhaps is a bit of influence from my dad who used to be an electrician. Too much of facing little components: transistors, diodes, resistors and so on really enthusiast me to pursue the course.

However, as mentioned earlier, there are more for me to achieve in order to fulfil my goal. I've always wanted to try:

  1. Becoming a chef - I hope to take cooking as well as baking courses in the near future. Even if I do not want to be a chef, cooking skills are actually essential for me as most of you know how much I love food. Trying my hands on cooking Italian cuisines, baking mouth-watering Croissant, and cooking spicy, exotic Thai food tops my cooking list :)
  2. Becoming a freelance designer - Fashion designer? Not! I would like to design a thing or two; perhaps some website layouts and furniture pieces for instance while working as an engineer. I have been constantly working to boost my creative side as well. Designing can be self taught and solely based on inspiration.
  3. Becoming a host/deejay/emcee - I know! i know! I used to be the deejay for my university radio (Radio Multimedia University abbreviated by RMMU) for one semester, but that is not the kind of job I am talking about. What I mean is working for the real radio station as well as hosting some shows on national television. There's nothing better than talking non-stop especially on the radio and tv. Plus, it would be great to share good music and information to the public.

In addition, I also hope to:

  1. Travel the world - So far, up until now, I managed to visit South Africa (Cape Town and Johannesburg), Argentina (Beunos Aires), and Thailand (Bangkok). I am stoked as I get to visit Bangkok (a place of my dream since small), so I consider this half fulfilled. Well, there's still so many other places to travel to thus I hope to do it in the near future.
  2. Learn musical instruments - I want to learn piano and guitar. I was never been exposed to the musical world when I was young, but I knew it was never too late to start. As they say, "better late than never". To top it up, releasing an album would be perfect as well.
  3. Mastering more languages - I speak Mandarin, English, Malay, Hokkien, and Cantonese; a little bit of Teochew and Thai. I want to learn more languages so that it will be easy for me to communicate with people all around the world.
  4. Build up some muscles :P - Enrolling myself to the fitness centre, or gym, and having a personal trainer will definitely help in this case.

Those are the few things I can think of for now though it's odd that I have little wish of becoming a model. I knew myself and my limitations well; my heights just don't match up to the requirement to be a male model.

Having all these goals to achieve perhaps is one of the many reasons why I am still single. There's so much to do and freedom is what I need to achieve it. Though, who knows, as love is blind, I might one day forgotten all about my goals when I found the special someone.

P/s: To those thinking that I am setting an impossible target, let me give you a piece of advice: "You won't achieve anything unless you set a high target for yourself!"

Kelv. T

3 comments:

nik norrasiq said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tohwei said...

Say whatever you like.
I respect your comment.
Here, I quote to you again:
"You won't achieve anything unless you set a high target for yourself!"

Jiuan said...

Kelvin, never ate anything you cooked also...... Later going cyberjaya, I am very willing to be your food tester haha...