Friday, January 26, 2007

Rockaddiction

Holla!!! Let’s spice things up in my blog. Based on the title, I am currently addicted to rock songs. I am so obsessed with songs by Daughtry. The lead singer is none other than American Idol 5 finalist, Chris Daughtry. The band released their self-titled debut album via RCA Records in 2006. The first single, ‘It’s Not Over’, really caught my attention.

“Li…thi…um…Li…thi…um…,” sang Amy Lee. This is a new song by Evanescence (I hope I got the spelling correct) entitled ‘Lithium’. I have been watching MTV or Channel V constantly, and this particular music video kept being aired. Now, as if my mind is an Ipod, kept repeating the Amy Lee’s version of the word Lithium. I might not need to study Chemistry for Engineers anymore next semester to know that ‘Li’ stands for Lithium. Ha-ha.

Ever heard of Almost by Bowling of Soup? Well, that is their previous creation. Their latest is ‘High School Never Ends’. In my opinion, this song is very ‘cheeky’ since they are comparing high school life with life after that. I have included an excerpt of the lyric, and it will explain everything:

“Reese Witherspoon,
She’s the prom queen
Bill Gates,
Captain of the chess team
Jack Black, the clown
Brad Pitt, the quarterback
Seen it all before
I want my money back!!”

Next, I also fell in love with the song ‘How to Save a Life’ by The Fray. I did a background check on this band since they seem new to me. They are actually a band based in Denver, Colorado. Their debut album was certified Double Platinum by RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). I am looking forward to other tracks from their album.

Well, I guess these are a few rock songs which are my current ‘addiction’. I am definitely going to check out more rock songs in the near future. Till then, rock on!!!

~iewhot~

No comments: